Wednesday 16 April 2014

Science Project

Task
Write a recount of your Science Fair project last year under the headings. Be brief and summarise. One or two sentences on each: My project last year was if plants grew faster, slower or differently with music.

Aim: My aim was to see if the plant grew any different with music.

Hypothesis : I thought that the plants would grew better with music.
Introduction : The way that I will do my science experiment is first I am going to buy 4 plant pots and put cotton squares and I will play music to 3 of them and the other one won’t get music. They will have water everyday, my songs that I will be playing to my plants are Can't hold us by Macklemore, Into the night by Santana, Titanium by David Guetta and one will have no music and I will play the music twice every 2nd day and I will see What the difference is.  

Equipment & Method I needed :

  • 4 pots
  • 1 pack of seeds that don’t take long to grow
  • Water
  • 4 Cotton squares
  • Music
  • And the sun

Results : The rock music plant grew the best and was growing very well and then the 2013 music grew the best then no music then nice slow music.
Conclusion :

My hypothesis was correct and music does affect plant growth How ? Because The rock music plant grew the best. I have learnt that plant growth with music can affect plant growth.
What I could have done better ?
I need to play music to them more often.
so over all the rock music grew the best and the worst growing plant was plant 2 nice slow music.

Now answer these questions
What did you do well last year? Making sure I played music to the plants every day.
What did you find difficult last year? because I had so many result it was difficult keeping all the piece 
together.
Look through the Science Fair Tab on our class site. Look at the list of possible science fair topics.
Find 2 possible topics : Physics the affect of a spin on a volleyball and which wave length is most efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment